2022 March 24, Thursday
The chart below shows performance of the the “filtered” PatternCast signals. These results are for educational purposes only. These results do not guarantee future results. We update this data often. To get the most recent results, you must visit this page.
For the purpose of this review there are terms we must define:
- Raw Signal – PatternCast uses a set of proprietary algorithms, formulas, and, programs that find patterns in historic data on hundreds of equities, over at least two decades of trades. These patterns are tested for price movement up or down over future sessions. Each signal is good for the next trade session from 9:30 AM EST til 4PM EST.
- Filtered Signal – We apply filters to each “raw signal.” These filters look at recent trade history to help pinpoint entries.
- Buy – A “buy” signal is generated when PatternCast suggests a statistically-significant edge to a long position from the SPY price at the open, to either a “max potential” price, or the price at the close of the session.
- Sell – A “sell” signal is generated when PatternCast suggests a statistically-significant edge to a short position from the SPY price at the open, to either a “max potential” price, or the price at the close of the session.
- Win or Loss – A “win” or “loss” is defined as a positive net return on a “buy” or “sell” signal.
- Equity Curve – This is the running total of “win” and “loss” trades generated with PatternCast’s signals. It is a hypothetical “best case” scenario that assumes each signal is used, and each entry and exit price achieved was in line with the theoretical entries as suggested by data gathered via sources we believe – but cannot guarantee – are accurate. We use generally-accepted “open, high, low, and close” data to test PatternCast signals, but do not guarantee any trader could achieve the precise results stated.
Raw Signal Results as of 2022-01-17
- 508 Signals
- 291 (57.2%) Wins
- Gross $292.61
- $2.78 SPY Per Winning Trade
Filtered Signal Results as of 2022-01-17
- 130 Signals
- 84 (66%) Wins
- Gross $199.96
- $3.60 SPY Per Winning Trade
The “raw” signal, over time, offered MORE gross profits by nearly 100%. We believe the “raw” signal is valid, and would be a valuable asset to anyone’s trading arsenal. The “filtered” trades offered a higher “per trade” return, and “better” potential, BUT…
“…better” than what is already amazing is no reason for us to ignore the power of the foundational “raw” signals. We believe there is opportunity with all PatternCast signals and track the performance of each of them as if they were taken at face value.
If you have questions about PatternCast, email email@example.com.